KASK Utopia wins prestigious 2019 iF Design Award
2019 award is the second in a row for the Italian brand, following up on the Valegro’s success in 2018
15 March 2019 - Chiuduno, Italy: KASK is proud to announce that its industry-leading aero Utopia helmet has won the coveted 2019 iF Design Award in the Product category. The award is the second in two years for KASK, following the lightweight Valegro’s 2018 accolade.
The judging panel was particularly impressed with the Utopia’s very latest thinking around aerodynamics and ventilation. Developed with Team Sky and worn by the squad during Geraint Thomas’ 2018 Tour de France victory, Utopia was designed using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and tested extensively in a wind tunnel; the drag data of Utopia versus the best competitor helmet resulted in a saving of up to 6 watts when riding at 50kph. It can be used year-round in all climates, with nine expertly placed vents shaped to draw the air through the helmet at speed, while avoiding drag.
For over 60 years the iF Design Award has been an arbiter of quality for exceptional design. An annual event, it is run by the world’s oldest independent design organisation, Hannover-based iF International Forum Design GmbH. The iF label is renowned worldwide as one of the most important design prizes in the world and submissions are awarded in the following disciplines: Product, Packaging, Communication and Service Design/UX, Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Professional Concept.
Diego Zambon, General Manager of KASK, said: “We are delighted that the Utopia has been recognized by the 2019 iF Design Award panel as a leader in its category.
“Just like the Valegro in 2018, the Utopia demonstrates KASK’s cutting-edge design prowess, while also raising the performance bar in the competitive aero helmet market. We are always innovating and drawing on our extensive expertise as well as working with partners like Team Sky to offer the best helmets in the world.”
Utopia’s key features:
- Lightweight, coming in at 235g/8.3oz (size medium)
- Nine vents designed to improve aerodynamics and cooling
- Quiet riding experience thanks to the reduced wind noise close to riders’ ears
- Redesigned Internal channeling to further improve the aerodynamic capability
- Resistex® padding. Resistex® is a carbon fabric that provides a continuous filament of conductive material based on active carbon that draws moisture away from the head.
- Uses the easily adjustable Octo Fit system to ensure fit and day-long comfort
- Colors: Matt Black, Black/White, Black/Yellow, Orange/Black, White/Black